I want to first of all recap on what our journey has entailed thus far.
- It all started in April of 2009 when Dru and I decided to ditch the contraception methods and let the Lord do His thing.
- So we just kinda did our thing and just didn't prevent ourselves from becoming pregnant.
- In December of 2010 for Christmas Dru told me that he really wanted to "try" to have a baby. Seriously, the BEST gift I could have ever wished for at Christmas. (Side note - I've wanted a baby since I was like 10, no really, I've always dreamed of being a mommy!)
- So after those months of trying, but not really "trying", we decided to go ahead and go the doc to get the ball rollin'.
- Jan. 2011 - First doc appointment - let the blood tests begin!
- Feb. 2011 - hormone testing - progesterone, amongst other things were tested.
- All of my hormone testing came back totally normal.
- We continued to try to conceive until we went back to the doctor that summer. Doc said next step would be an HSG test.
- He administered the HSG test Nov. 2011, everything was normal, imagine that!
- So, we were hopeful that it might have opened up the way, and help us get pregnant. (Or not!)
- Next... we tried for another 7 months with no luck.
- Doc said next step was a exploratory laparoscopic surgery. My fab doc, in a very kind way, said that there is only about 15% chance that he would find anything to remove. I was so very hopeful that he would need to remove something that was causing us not to be able to get pregnant.
- Well... he actually did find stuff... a good bit actually... endometriosis (very little), scar tissue, about 5 or 6 cysts. This was GREAT NEWS.... but....
- We are still not pregnant and it's been almost 7 months since that surgery. Granted I've been sick a good bit, but still we hoped for good results after removing all that yucky stuff :)
- Jan. 7th, 2013 we had another appt with the Doc! That's when he explained to us that he was referring us to a specialist in Montgomery.
- I actually received a call yesterday and we have an appt set up for Thursday, at 10:00 a.m.
- We are very hopeful and interested to see how this part of our journey is going to unfold.
And.... there you have it!
More to come soon!
Thanks for reading :)