Sep 8, 2009

My Nana

September 7th, around 5:30pm my mom called and told me Nana had been rushed to the hospital. (At this point, we didn't know what was wrong.) She told me Dad left and was on his way to the hospital. They sent her to Tallassee hospital, but soon realized that it was serious. They said that she had an aneurysm. Mom called and said we need to go to Bham, it is not good.
We packed real quick (thinking we would stay the night) and headed to Bham. We got to UAB about the same time as she did by helicopter. We were telling the doctors they should wait on Pop to get here before they make any decisions. The doctor said it would be best to do a "super" CT scan that would tell them what happened and what they would do next. After the doctor did the scan she came to talk to us.
(This was the most intense part of the night.) The doctor asked Pop to tell her all the events that lead up to getting to UAB. Pop explained that last night Nana complained of a headache and said, "Gosh, I feel like I'm having aneurysm." Pop was holding her and walking her to the bed. She was throwing up and just felt really bad. He gave her some tylenol and she just wanted to go back to sleep. Pop put her in bed and checked on her every 15 minutes. Around 4:30 am Pop checked on her again and made sure she was ok. From then on until around 12pm, Pop just thought she was sleeping. But, around 12pm or a little after Pop checked on her and she was unconscious. He called my aunt, Alicia, and she came over about an hour later. They knew that something was wrong, so they called the ambulance. Then, they life-lighted her to UAB.
Last night, the doctors performed a surgery that would relieve the pressure in her brain and help them know the intensity of the pressure. The surgery was a success and she responded to us this morning with her eyes. She is in her second surgery right now. They are repairing her blood vessel that burst. The blood vessel is small, like the size of the end of a ballpoint pen, which is a good thing. It was a blessing that it wasn't a big artery or blood vessel because she could have died instantly.
She's a trooper and a fighter! Keep praying for her, she means so much to my family and so many others.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that your family is dealing with this. I will be praying for your Nana and for your family as well. Sending love to you from the Cloud family...


Thank you so much for your comment.... I seriously love to read them, they make my day! Much love to you!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...