Jan 30, 2013

water wins!

As most of you know, I have or had a bit of an obsession with diet dr. pepper. Needless to say, this stuff is not so good for me. I struggle with it literally consuming where I eat and what I eat. ('m aware that this is very sad, but you know you love me anyway!!) 
I have been dealing with migraines for a very long time, but in the last 4 years, they have gotten progressively worse. I know that *aspartame* is contributing to the 4-5 migraines that I have each week. So, with the steps we are taking in an effort to get pregnant, I feel as though this is something that I can do to possibly help our chances. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with upping our chances of conceiving, it will at least I will be healthier! That's a plus in my book! 
I am still drinking coffee, which means I'm still getting my caffeine. Believe me, if I was not drinking coffee, I would be in a world of pain, because I'm pretty much addicted. Maybe I can one day soon get completely off caffeine too, but let's not be too hasty. 
I will be posting later on about some other changes the husb and I are taking in an effort to live longer and healthier lives. #2013 #thisisouryear

Gotta love a mason jar :) 


Drink up!
KB

3 comments:

  1. I too have a caffeine addiction, but to Dr. Pepper. My doctors were never too worried about my intake, but I figured I should stop once we got pregnant. I switched Brandon to caffeine-free sweet tea months ago since it doesn't affect him like normal people. I drank so much coffee/caffeine the month of December just to stay productive at work. I am so happy to say that I now only have maybe one 8oz serving of caffeine a week. I drink Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper because I love the taste so much! It's amazing how much better you will feel if you slowly cut it out. And it's much easier to already have kicked the habit for once you're pregnant. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! If Jason Chandler can fast coffee for 21 Days, ANY.ONE. can do it! :) You might have already seen/heard about it, but I follow "100 Days of Real Food" on facebook...you can google it for the web site. She does a TON of great (all real, whole food) recipes. The ones I've tried, I really like! Yay for healthiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Aspartame is the absolute devil! So many diseases tied to it, including cancer. It's also an endcocrine disruptor tied to infertility. You are cutting out the best thing you possibly can!

    I know stopping diet soda is hard. I gave it up as NY resolution a couple years ago and have even given up chewing gum with aspartame now. It's been a process, but if I did it anyone can. Have you ever tried Zevia by any chance? It's a calorie free soda made with stevia (an all natural sweetener) and so it's a great option to switch to or ween yourself off of soda altogether. They even make a Dr. Zevia that tastes just like Dr. Pepper! Check it out... http://www.zevia.com/drzevia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment.... I seriously love to read them, they make my day! Much love to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...