Apr 1, 2013

promised update

Hey frands!!! 

I hope all is well with everyone and that your Monday was a great start to the work week! I was very pleasantly surprised at how well my day went considering that my school babies haven't used their brains in a week! Ha! They seemed to be happy to be back, but not so happy about TEST PREP! Sorry, guys, that's just part of life :) 

Okay, so back to the most important topic: I want a baby in my belly. Me? Yes! I know you're shocked! 

I am CD 10 which means I started testing using the OPKs today! {I seriously should buy stock in this crap.} I gave my RE's office a call to let them know that I started testing... Homegirl was like... "Did you pick up your OPKs? Make sure you test between 11 and 2..." Honey, I got this! Third time is a charm :) 

Prayer request: Two cycles ago I got a smiley face on CD 17, last cycle it was CD 15, so there's really no way to predict the exact date. That being said, I really need some prayers that I would see a smiley on Friday or Sunday, NOT SATURDAY! I mean, ya know, my husband kinda needs to be at church on Sunday.. he's kinda a big deal :) I know I will be totally fine in the long run if we do not get to do the IUI, but I really don't want the clomid to have been for nothing. 

Speaking of clomid... Can you say... HOT FLASHES!!!! I am having hot flashes like every 15 to 20 minutes. It seriously feels like I am at the beach and it's 100 degrees!!! I didn't experience them the previous cycles, so this is a little unusual for me. Plus, I am already pretty hot natured. Oh well. 


This e-card should make you laugh, I certainly did.


1348717606903_2228565.png


In other news... Dru and I have decided to take a break next month before we start the injectables, which I am very excited about. My body needs a bit of a break. The clomid is really kicking my booty, BUT don't get me wrong, it's definitely worth it for a sweet baby! {Hopefully we will be preg this time & we won't have to worry about it, but ya know, Kailey has gotta have a plan.} 

Well, here's to another cycle. 

Have a happy Tuesday! 

KB

11 comments:

  1. I'll be sending prayers your way for Friday or Saturday for sure!! I can't wait to hear how it goes, my thoughts are with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely in my prayers Kailey! I really hope you get your smiley on Friday or Sunday.

    I HATE the clomid hot flashes!!! I did 5 rounds before I got them but on 6 and 7, whew! I am normally always coldso I loved them during the day, but at night they were horrible. Every time I would start to get comfortable one would hit me and I would be miserable. Hopefully this is the last time you will have to take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Aren't they the worst?! I get comfortable too and then it hits me. The night time is crazy! One min I'll be fine and the next min I'll throw the covers off of me. It doesn't make for a good night of sleep... BUT it's okay, if it gets me a baby :)

      Delete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed for a Friday or Sunday smiley! Clomid has a ridiculously long half life and stays in your system for 60+ days depending on the dose you are on, so that's probably why you have hot flashes this time. It's just been building up in your system from the last two cycles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you for real?? 60+ days??? Oh my word! That's insane. Thanks for letting me know that info!

      Delete
    2. Yup, which is why it sometimes still helps you ovulate a cycle or two after taking it. Femara on the other hand only stays in your system like 14 days.

      Delete
    3. I haven't taken Femara at all, I guess because my progesterone levels have been fine. I've heard it's not as bad as far as side effects go.

      Delete
  4. I am right there with you. I just finished IUI #3 and am also thinking of taking a break before the next step (if we don't get a BFP). Possibly 2 or 3 months. I am tired of all of these hormones that they are pumping into me. At least we only get the hot flashes from Clomid. I hear that it usually makes women crazy evil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang hot flashes! Praying lots of prayers for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...I was worried you would get cold on the deck Tuesday...not so much anymore! Praying for a 😄 on Friday or Sunday. Loves to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment.... I seriously love to read them, they make my day! Much love to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...